‘Pottery wheel experience
Pottery wheel experience great fun for all ages
At Fired Art Designs we run one to one wheel sessions for age 4 years to adults.
Rachel has been teaching the wheel for many years and has a real passion for it.
Sessions do need to be booked as they are normally on a one to one basis, so the studio is closed to others, making it very special and unique. This is not offered by other studio in Yorkshire!
We can do parties and Hen nights for up to 25 guests.
1) 30 minute session on the potter’s wheel with guidance from Rachel (for one) and then painting time afterwards. Average stay 1.5 hours – £25. You will create 1 pot and paint it which will then be glazed and fired within 8 days.
2) 2 hours on the wheel you will have a demonstration on how to do a pot from Rachel, who will then guide you to make your own. This is then dried for you to paint it, average stay 2.5 hours cost £50. Ready in £8 days
3) Half a day 4 hours on wheel £90 for one person £150 for two. The session includes demonstration from Rachel on making a pot you then make 2 pots and then learn how to turn the to pots. they are then dried for you to paint. ready in 8 days to collect
Cake and coffee are included
4) Full day £150 or £225 for two This includes make and turning several pots and have a go on a slab roller or use the clay extruder to make other style pottery. Lunch is tea, coffee and cake are included.
5) The baby wheel experience from 6 months come and have your baby spin a lump of clay and get some great pictures of them having messy play cost £25
OTHER EXPERIANCES AVAILABLE
Wheel Party for aged 8 to adults maximum 8 £25 a head 3 hours. You all do a pot on the wheel and paint it. You also do a ready made bisque pot while you are waiting for your go on the wheels
Hen party £35 a head this includes a demonstration from Rachel then you all go on the wheel. You also pick an item of bisque to paint while you wait for your turn on the wheel we have 2 at a time go on the wheels. The party also includes a heart each to make a garland for the bride or a signature plate. Afternoon tea is included tea, coffe ans scones and cream. You will paint your pottery you have made and its glazed and fired for you
5* hen party
Mobile hen party
School or club visit
Evening classes and day classes 6 weeks run on a Monday night and Tuesday day and a half hour a week £90 for 6 weeks includes all materials drinks and cake, bring your own wine if you like.
Reviewed 29 January 2016
Fabulous art studio in Pontefract where activities include pottery painting or potter’s wheel. Group of girls (aged 35-50) went and it was great fun. Rachel, the owner, is knowledgeable and shares her experience so you come away with a great handmade piece. Well worth a visit if you want to do something different.
Try something different in 2016”
1st February 2016
For Christmas my daughter bought myself and my friend a voucher that entitled us to throw and paint a pot at Rachel’s Fired Art Design Studios. With Rachel being so patient, knowledgeable and generous with her time we (total beginners) felt completely at ease and had the most brilliant afternoon. Can’t wait to pick up our finished fired pots. Thoroughly recommended.
Visited January 2016
Tuition on potter’s wheel
We had a very fun, informative day with Rachel. We were welcomed in with coffee and croissants and immediately felt at ease. It was really great to have a go on the wheel, and we were thrilled with what Rachel helped us to create. We had a lot of laughs on the way, and learned a lot about pottery and painting. I would highly recommend any type of session at Fired Art Designs, Rachel is a great teacher but also nice to be around, we look forward to attending for further sessions, and will be recommending it to all our friends and family. A wonderful, different kind of day out!