‘Pottery wheel experience
Pottery wheel experience great fun for all ages
At Fired Art Designs Pottery in Pontefract West Yorkshire we run one to one wheel sessions for age 4 years to adults, our most senior potter was 95 and it had being on her bucket list for 50 years.
Rachel has been teaching the wheel for 25 years and has a real passion for it. we have 5 wheels new and lots of equipment to make your day amazing
- 30 minute session on the potter’s wheel with guidance from Rachel (for one) and then painting time afterwards. Average stay 1.5 hours total studio time – £30. You will create 1 pot and paint it which will then be glazed and fired within 8 days.
- 2 hours on the wheel you will have a demonstration on how to do a pot from Rachel, who will then guide you to make your own. This is then dried for you to paint it, average stay 2.5 hours cost £50. Ready in £8 days. This is a more in depth lesson
- Half a day 4 hours on wheel £90 for one person £150 for two. The session includes demonstration from Rachel on making a pot you then make 2 to 3 pots and then learn how to turn the pots. They are then dried for you to paint. ready in 8 days to collect. This is the most popular lesson and you really get to grips with throwing
- Full day £150 or £225 for two This includes make and turning several pots and have a go on a slab roller or use the clay extrude to make other style pottery. Lunch, tea, coffee are included. The very best of lessons learning all aspects of throwing a day you wont forget and a perfect gift (voucher for sale on voucher page)
- The Baby wheel experience from sit-up age. Come and have your Baby spin a lump of clay and get some great pictures of them having messy play cost £30
OTHER EXPERIENCES AVAILABLE
- Wheel Party for aged 8 to adults Minimum 8 cost £30 a head, party time 3 hours. You all do a pot on the wheel and paint it. You also do a ready made bisque pot while you are waiting for your go on the wheels. Your welcome to bring food or send out for half price pizza from Pizza Hut with our discount card.
- Hen party £35 a head this includes a demonstration from Rachel then you all go on the wheel. You also pick an item of bisque to paint while you wait for your turn on the wheel we can have 2 at a time go on the wheels. The party also includes the pot Rachel throws for all the guest to sign for the bride. Afternoon tea is included tea, coffee, scones and cream. You will paint your pottery you have made and its glazed and fired for you. Studio time 3 to 4 hours depending on numbers.
- 5* hen party this is as above but you also have lunch and can either make something on the slab roller or paint a bigger item studio time up to 5 hours £50 Aa head
- Evening/ day classes run on a Monday night open from 7.15 pm to 9.30 pm. Tuesday day classes 10 am to 1.15 pm includes all materials drinks, bring your own wine if you like. Cost £25 a week
The wheel experience for up to 4 people maximum Cost for the day £100 each.
Included in the day
- Tuition 10.am to 5.pm
- All materials and firings. Pots will be ready to collect 1 week later or can be posted out to you for the cost of the postage
- How to prepare clay for throwing
- Centre clay
- Coning the clay
- How to make a cylinder
- How to make a bowl
- How to make a vase
- Turning your pot when leather heard
- The use of Colour-2-Clay underglazes
- Painting skills
- Lunch and drinks
To book call Rachel on 07970793727 payments is due in full on booking.
Full day classes
On the wheel. Only 4 places per day. Everyone gets a wheel and makes and turns 5 items, and paints them
Why not buy a gift voucher for the wheel dates in 2018.
March 17th 23rd
Reviewed 29 January 2016
Fabulous art studio in Pontefract where activities include pottery painting or potter’s wheel. Group of girls (aged 35-50) went and it was great fun. Rachel, the owner, is knowledgeable and shares her experience so you come away with a great handmade piece. Well worth a visit if you want to do something different.
Try something different in 2016”
1st February 2016
For Christmas my daughter bought myself and my friend a voucher that entitled us to throw and paint a pot at Rachel’s Fired Art Design Studios. With Rachel being so patient, knowledgeable and generous with her time we (total beginners) felt completely at ease and had the most brilliant afternoon. Can’t wait to pick up our finished fired pots. Thoroughly recommended.
Visited January 2016
Tuition on potter’s wheel
We had a very fun, informative day with Rachel. We were welcomed in with coffee and croissants and immediately felt at ease. It was really great to have a go on the wheel, and we were thrilled with what Rachel helped us to create. We had a lot of laughs on the way, and learned a lot about pottery and painting. I would highly recommend any type of session at Fired Art Designs, Rachel is a great teacher but also nice to be around, we look forward to attending for further sessions, and will be recommending it to all our friends and family. A wonderful, different kind of day out!